Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rockstars

Thank you to everyone that came out last night to see Amanda. It was awesome. There were so many people. Champs saved us tables outside with was great. And a very special thanks to my sister!!!! We couldn't have done it without her.

I was excited at having everyone there. It never ceases to amaze me the crowd Amanda can pull in. I love that everyone wants to see her when she's home. It's hard to put into words, but I can feel the love everyone has for her, and it makes me love everyone for that. I know that if I only came home about once a year I would want to see as many people as I could.

Next summer I'll see her more than usual with the wedding. I won't know what to do with myself. I'll probably get sick of her!!! hahahahaha never. Speaking of the wedding here is what's going on so far.

The date has been set. June 13th. We booked the chapel at Charlton Park. The chapel is old and beautiful. I don't think we are going to decorate it much. Let it's natural beauty shine, and that way I won't have to have family and friends do it. The reception is at Rob's mom and dad's. We'll have to rent a tent and all that jazz. After the reception there will be a bonfire for anyone that wants to stay. We'll be roasting a pig and for those of you that don't do pork there will be turkey as well. We want to make the sides dishes ourself. That way we will have exactly what we want. I'm recruiting volunteers to help us a day or two before the wedding. If you are interested please let me know. Yes it's a year away, but I'm trying to get things in order as much as I can. Well maybe not order, a good idea of what we have to work with. I was telling some of you at the bar last night. I don't want to stress out any of my family and friends. I'd much rather take that burden myself. This has a lot to do with how I am. I don't think I'll be stressed but I do like to have a game plan. I love making lists. My list right now is a very rough draft. With any luck I can start getting things crossed off.

So if you have any helpful ideas for me. Bring it.

2 comments:

doahleigh said...

Sorry I couldn't make it out. Just haven't been in the mood to socialize much. Glad you had fun though!

Amberlynne said...

Had sooo...much fun saturday night! It was a blast, seriously! I do think this should happen way more often (even if Amanda can't be the guest of honor).