Sunday, August 10, 2008

Things are gonna change......I can feel it

Holy Crap things have got to change. Friday night I surprised Rob with tickets to go see Pop Evil at the Intersection. I saw Teddy Doran. I worked with him at Damon's way way back when. It was nice to see him and easy to talk to him. You know what I mean?! You don't see someone for almost 10 years and you pick up like you talked to them yesterday. Instead of feeling all awkward and have nothing to say. So I was filling him in on my life. Just the big things. Getting married, four tattoos, where I work, and of course that I drink beer now. Hahaha and that I drink legally for that matter now too!!! Teddy filled me in on some of the guys. All of who still work at restaurants, Eric Deacon and Bill Palmer are both still in town. I wonder if Deacon still has my flute? Probably not. It was a piece of crap back then.

After Teddy went back to get more beer and hang out with his friends I got to thinking. The last time Teddy saw me I was about * pounds lighter. I couldn't believe I had gained that much in 10ish years. What the hell have I been doing with my body? I mean I know what I've been doing and where most of the weight came from. My time in Ann Arbor. I ate so horribly. I was depressed and bored most of the time. So guess what? I ate. I kind of got it together in Ohio. I lost 35 pounds, had to buy new clothes. It was awesome. Then I moved back to Michigan. Living with Jay was not helpful to my diet. We ate out so much. I gained it all back and TONS more. I've even gained more since Rob and I have been together. I know most people will "let themselves go" once in a relationship, but I was never together before the relationship. I have a long way to go. AHHHHHHHH

In other news I'm feeling a little less stressed about the wedding. Rob and I are working on a cost list. I feel good about it. He should be getting an email back soon about the tents, tables and what not. Monday I'm calling about pig roasting. We figure flowers will be awesome and inexpensive at Horrocks. (funny little thing, my mom got her flowers from there too) We found some invitations that we like. Here is a question I want to pass along to my married friends. How soon should you registrar for gifts? I have a time line from a bride magazine and it says 9 months before the wedding. That seems a little too early for me. Do you really do it that early?

BOOK REPORT
I finished reading The Deep End of the Ocean. I really enjoyed it. I had to make an effort to understand the character Beth. I'm not like her in any way shape or form. In the end though I did like the way she thought. She was stronger in some ways than I would have been. I don't want to say too much in case you want to read it.


*not going to say how much but it's enough to make me sick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I figure you don't want to do it too early, because then somethings you register for, might have an upgraded model by then, and people will have trouble figuring out exactly what you wanted. But I figure as long as you do it before shower invites are sent out, it's early enough.

Make sure you are measuring yourself, not just weighing, because some weeks you might gain weight, but lose inches.

Amberlynne said...

Love the Beck reference in the header :)

I often get the same feeling when I see people...I think to myself, "wow, I bet they didn't think I'd end up this fat"

I think some change is in order for me too....be on the lookout for some changes ;)

Brooke said...

Hahahaha I was wondering if anyone would get that!!!

Yay for changes.